- An appropriate accountancy tertiary qualification
- An understanding of NGO environment
- Strong communication skills
- Computer Proficiency: Microsoft Office
Internship duties include:
- Assisting finance Director with grant-related finance management
- Compiling budgets for new proposals
- general financial reports for donors, keeping track of the reporting deadlines and facilitating the collection of necessary information to insure that deadlines are met
- Compliance with specific reporting requirements of individual donors including compiling copies of invoices and other supporting documentation
- monitoring grant expenditure during project period, tracking of funds spent and compiling reports to keep project participants informed
- Engaging with the finance systems for invoicing and payments
- Liaison with the Advancement Officers responsible for the stewardship of particular donors
- Compiling invoices to/claim from donors in compliance with the requirements of respective donors on the basis of information concerning implementation which will be provided by the relevant Advancement Officer
The LRC is committed to transformation; applications from previously disadvantaged candidates are therefore strongly encouraged.
Please note only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
If you have not been contacted by 15th April 2014, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Applicants for the above position must share in the Mission and Values of the LRC and its commitment to using the Law as an instrument of Justice. For more details about the Legal Resources Centre, please visitwww.lrc.org.za
How to apply
Closing date: 23/03/2014.