Masters (MS) Degree
Deadline: 1 May 2014
Study in: any Country
Course starts September 2014
OFID’s Scholarship Program sponsors outstanding young students from developing countries who wish to study for a Master’s degree in a development-related discipline from an accredited college/university around the world.
Any accredited university/college around the world
Field of Study:
Any field of study related to Development
Number of Scholarships:
The applicant may be from any developing country found in the eligible country list.
The scholarships includes tuition fees, monthly allowance to cover living expenses, accommodation, insurance, books, relocation grants, and travel costs.
– Must be between the ages of 23-32 at the time of submitting his/her application.
– Must have obtained or be on the verge of completing their undergraduate degree with a Baccalaureate from an accredited college/university, or its equivalent.
– Must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 rating system, or its equivalent.
– Must be matriculated at an accredited university for the upcoming academic year starting August/September 2014, and must maintain full-time status for the duration of the Master’s Degree.
– Must be a national of a developing country (except OFID Member Countries)
– Must select a subject of study that pertains to OFID’s core mission, such as: economics of development (poverty reduction, energy and sustainable development), environment (desertification), or other related science and technology fields.
Applications are done online. Make sure that you fulfill the OFID Scholarship Award Eligibility Criteria before you apply. The application deadline for 2014/2015 was 1 May 2014.
It is important to visit the official website (link found below) to access the application form and for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.