Sunday Tribune has an exciting and challenging vacancy for a Multimedia Journalist. The successful incumbent will be responsible for producing copy for use across multi media, multi platforms and across verticals (print and digital).
- Produce newsworthy stories that are well researched, accurate, balanced and well written
- Produce high quality stories, that are error free and ready for publication for all platforms
- Establish a strong network of contacts
- Editing copy that complies with legal, style and space requirements
- Follow up stories
- Use social media to drive readership
- Supply links, pictures, audio and or videos
- Use social media to break news and engage with online audience
- Generate ideas for unique story packages and community focus and reader engagement
- Manage a personal diary
- Initiate stories
- Meet the deadline demand of the title whilst projecting a positive image
- And perform any other functions as and when required across regions and platforms.
- Must have a tertiary qualification in journalism or equivalent.
- Must have and be able to supply a contactable list of high profile contacts.
- Have a strong presence on social media with a number of followers.
- Must have a valid driver’s licence.
- Must have extensive contact base.
- Excellent command of English.
- Must be fully computer literate, including the use of all social media applications
- Must have at least 3 to 5 years journalism experience working on multiple platforms.
- Having a formal training qualification in multimedia journalism would be advantageous.
- Have a flair for tackling and writing a wide variety of stories.
- Be technologically well advanced on all social network platforms.
- Excellent public speaking and presentation skills in gathering news and presenting news.
- Have excellent interpersonal skills in dealing with high level contacts.
- Must have the ability to think creatively.
- Be a self – starter that shows initiative and ability to work independently.
- Be extremely motivated and driven to work in a highly pressurised fast pace environment.
- Be highly flexible working long, irregular hours nightshift, weekends and public holidays
- Be prepared to travel long distances across the province and country.
- The ability to work under constant deadlines pressure.
Independent Media is committed to its Employment Equity and Affirmative Action plans. All interested and suitably qualified applicants are required to submit a written motivational letter and detailed CV by no later than 16h30 on Thursday, 18 April 2019:
P O BOX 47549
If you have not heard from us within 2 weeks of submitting your application, please consider you application unsuccessful