Digital Video Content Creator Wanted At Jacaranda FM. The station is looking to hire a professional Digital Video Content Creator with experience in shooting and editing short-form content for digital consumption, promotional and marketing purposes. And live streaming video to Facebook/YouTube If you are currently freelancing and looking for a full-time, permanent position,this one is for you.
- Be creative in producing visual content
- Have the technical knowledge
- Have aptitude to work with digital video and photography equipment and software packages for editing and live streaming.
- Formal qualification in Video Production.
- A minimum of 4 years of professional experience in film production
(filming & editing).
- Knowledge & experience with image editing and editing software packages
. We use Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premier Pro, After Effects,
Wirecast and OBS. Knowledge of iMovie will be helpful.
- Familiar with uploading to FTP a CMS, be familiar with, video encoding software and various video formats.
- Technical knowledge on video processing & formats. Format conversion, frame rates and resolutions appropriate to the particular application (e.g. video for large screen vs web vs Facebook and file compression knowledge.
- Familiar with the interconnection formats – SDI, HDMI, Analogue and USB and their appropriate use.
- Understand cross-platforms digital trends and technology.
- Used to working with Sony cameras.
- Familiar with South African and International mainstream radio.
- Valid driver’s license
- Reporting to the Program Manager you will be responsible to conceptualize, film, edit and direct video content for all digital platforms and promotional videos in line with the station’s strategy.
- Extremely quick turnaround time on short videos is essential.
Key Performance Areas Include:
•Taking instruction briefs from programming and management team
and execute to completion.
•Conceptualizing, directing, filming and editing short form content for
•Scheduling & sourcing of video material.
•Video editing and production for online video platforms.
•Plan video shoots; scout, select and reserve shoot locations.
•Attending shoots and filming video content for online video platforms.
•Writing copy abstracts to support video content.
•Uploading, testing and quality assurance of end product.
•Archiving and maintenance of video content.
•Develop production schedules.
•Evaluate analytic with the online performance of videos.
•Steaming live video to the web with a multi-camera setup.
The successful candidate must be:
•Prepared to work flexible hours when necessary, which involves early
mornings, some evenings or weekend shifts.
•Versatile, adaptable and able to multi-task,
work fast and well under pressure and capable
of working with specific deadlines.
Please apply by using the link below and upload your CV (and showreel links) in your word document.
In order for you to be considered, you must include 2x showreel links of your recent work on YouTube. Your showreels must include work where you filmed and edit yourself.
Closing Date: 09 February 2018