Label And Promotion Coordinator Wanted At Warner Music South Africa. Warner Music South Africa is the South African affiliate of Warner Music Group, a multinational music company, whose labels, including Warner Bros Records, Atlantic Records, Rhino and the Parlophone Group are among the most recognized and successful in the world. They are looking for a full time label and promotion coordinator to join them.
Purpose Of The Job:
As part of the Product & Marketing team, the successful candidate will be tasked with coordinating, planning and managing all aspects of designated projects and artist-specific releases including evaluation, planning, asset management and creation, development and actioning of promotional plans, in line with the product and marketing strategy, driving awareness and creating demand through all media channels including radio, TV, online & print.
· Evaluate the commercial value of repertoire and manage suitable repertoire in the market with overall promotion in mind and in conjunction with the marketing director.
· Identify and propose priorities in terms of Artist Projects, Album releases and single releases.
· Development of Promotional Plans in conjunction with the marketing team for all priority releases. Decide upon, create an action this plan in a timeous manner.
· Inform the Physical and Digital release schedule
· Management of releases including scheduling and planning in conjunction with the Product and Channel Coordinator
· Contribute to the singles strategy and action promotion across these singles.
· Develop strong and sustainable artist and artist management relationships
· Media servicing and promotions. The effective and targeted execution of promotions in line with the Marketing and Promotional Strategy, through strong relationships, excellent product knowledge and with expertise in media activity and trends.
· Relationship building and maintenance with Media, retail partners label partners and industry players, along with the ongoing maintenance of the contact database.
· Partner communication – label feedback, press releases, email shots to and cold calling all media partners as necessary.
· Planning and management of promotional tours and junkets for both international and local artists including artists management liaising.
· Development and management of all assets including non-digital design work, photography, biog’s, press release.
· Retail support and assets (Listing details, track-lists and pack-shots etc)
They are looking for a candidate who has experience in the music and entertainment business. A person who ideally has experience in Marketing and/or Public Relations, with existing partner relationships in the music and who can work both independently and within a team. A candidate who has excellent organization skills, is highly articulate, has strong communication skills, both written and verbal and has the ability to build and sustain successful relations with all stakeholders.
Preference will be given to affirmative action candidates.
Full time position
Working hours: 9am – 5pm
START DATE: 1 February 2018
Specific knowledge of the music industry, landscape and services.
Specific knowledge and understanding of the media landscape.
Specific skill set in marketing or promotion
Existing relationships with key music stakeholders, artists and media
Fluency in English with strong communication skills, both verbal and non verbal.
Microsoft Office proficiency especially Word, Excel & PowerPoint.
Fluent in other South African languages
Experience with social media management and CRM.
General Skills / Attributes:
Communication skills, organizational skills, writing skills, ability to work under pressure, ability to adapt and learn new systems and procedures.
Marketing and promotion expertise
Valid Drivers License
At least 12 months experience in the Music Industry
3+ years experience working within the area of music
Any Music, Marketing, Public Relations, Business Managment Degree or Diploma
Please send your CV to Chantal Chegwidden via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: Friday 8 December 2017