Dj Zinhle’s boyfriend Brendon Naidoo was arrested for fraud on Saturday. Mr Naidoo stands accused of swindling several people of their money after they had allegedly invested into his business. Yesterday, the state had not established how much he had allegedly taken from his victims.
Sowetan has seen Oracle’s bank statements dating from December 2014 to September 2016 which show how Naidoo seemingly lived the high life. into his business.
Prosecutor Jimmy Shongwe confirmed that Naidoo’s bank statements would form part of their evidence in court.
The 227-page document showed that at least R3.4-million was allegedly deposited into the account in various amounts from different investors. From it Naidoo apparently diverted more than R1-million into his personal bank account. He then allegedly used the company’s bank card to make several trips to Durban, Cape Town and one in Miami last year
Check out the 10 Luxury Purchases By Dj Zinhle’s Man During Height Of His Alleged Scam That Will Shock You!
1. In a visit to Durban he allegedly bought clothes from Street Gear and AcaJoe worth R2 900, hired luxury vehicles for R22 620 in December 2014.
2. He also allegedly bought himself Louis Vuitton wear for R17200 a few months later.
3. In celebrating 2015 New Year’s, the he allegedly splashed R5000 on booze at Norman Goodfellows bottle store in Rivonia.
4. Two weeks later he splurged R3 000 at The Bank nightclub in Rosebank.
5. A month later he travelled to the luxurious Fairmont Zimbali Resort in KwaZulu-Natal where his stay allegedly cost him R14 308 with an additional bill of R1 300.
6. In April 2015 Naidoo allegedly booked himself into the Oyster Box Hotel in Durban where he paid R10 154 for his accommodation and spent R1 760 at the hotel’s bar.
7. He then returned to Johannesburg and spent R4 500 at The Bank Bar on 29 April and then another R2 000 the following day.
8. In two transactions in June 17, 2016, he allegedly spent allegedly R17 082 on booze at Hilbrow Liquor store.
9. He also apparently bought airtime worth R5 800 in 25 transactions while making several transfers to his family.
10. Naidoo also splurged on florists and Uber last year. Zinhle was directly linked to one transaction of R2 000 captured as “zinhle refund” he paid to her on July 21 last year.
Naidoo, whose relationship with the popular DJ became known in September 2016, appeared in the Alexandra Magistrate’s Court in Wynberg yesterday. Among others, Naidoo allegedly paid R2 000 refund payment in July from his apparent ill-gotten riches.
It was also reported two weeks ago that Naidoo had made about R15-million from investors, who included retired teachers, as he claimed he was going to invest their cash in forex trade.