Bontle Modiselle is a 24 year old, Johannesburg born and bred dancer and actress. The talented beaut is best known for co-hosting (with Rob van Vuuren) the SABC2 reality competition series Showville. Talk about beauty with brains! Here are 10 Things you probably didn’t know about the talented Bontle Modiselle.
1.She has been dancing for about 8 years now. ” I didn’t crawl, I just walked because I was in a hurry to dance, so my mom says. But my earliest memory of knowing how to dance was when I would dance to Boom Shaka’s music.”
2. The only studying she got done was at the University of Johannesburg where she obtained her Bachelor of Arts Degree in Corporate Communications.
3. 2014 has been a year of abundant blessings for her from being part of the Woolworths RE: Jeans 2014 campaign
4. She also worked for Fact: Durban Rocks at the Durban July, becoming a Miller Dancer (Pop Bottles),
5. She also became the dance entertainment at two big sporting events, the Basketball National League and later on the Multichoice Diski Challenge
6. Bontle’s greatest achievement to date is undoubtedly being the female lead character in SA’s first Feature Dance Film titled ‘Hear Me Move’ which was released in cinema in February this year.
7. Bontle says the greatest challenge in her industry is the money in it, or rather the lack thereof. Dancers have the most physically grueling task of all the art forms and artists/production houses/companies don’t compensate dancers as well as they should.
8. Bontle has featured in music videos for local and international artists, including Nigeria’s Wizkid and Iyanya and South Africa’s Jozi.
9. She is the younger sister of model Refilwe Modiselle.
10. Bontle is in a relationship and her boyfriend is rapper Priddy Ugly.