1. Full Name Grace Naledi Mandisa Pandor
2. Naledi Pandor is the South African Minister of Home Affairs
3. Naledi Pandor was born on the 7 December 1953 in Durban, Natal.
4. Naledi Pandor’s grandfather was Z.K. Matthews, a respected anti-apartheid teacher and reformist, who was a member and Cape President of the African National Congress.
5. Naledi Pandor is married to Sharif Joseph Pandor and has four children, Fazlur, Aisha, Suraya and Haroon. She converted to Islam after she met her husband while studying in Botswana, her in-laws gave her the Islamic name of Nadia
6. Naledi Pandor taught at Ernest Bevin School in London in 1980;also taught in Gaberone, Botswana from 1981 to 1984;
was a Lecturer at Teacher Education at the Taung College of Education from 1984 to 1986; Senior Lecturer in English at the University of Bophuthatswana between 1986 and 1989 and Senior Lecturer in the Academic Support Programme at the University of Cape Town 1989 to 1994
7. Naledi Pandor was elected to parliament in 1994 and was appointed Chairperson of The National Council of Provinces by President Thabo Mbeki in 1999
8. Naledi Pandor served as Minister of Education from 2004 until 2009 under Thabo Mbeki and Kgalema Motlanthe
9. Naledi Pandor was appointed Minister of Science and Technology in May 2009 by President Jacob Zuma and served as a driving force in South Africa hosting the SANSA Space Operations Directorate for the CSIR Satellite Applications Centre in the Karoo
10. On 2 October 2012 President Jacob Zuma appointed Naledi Pandor to the position of Minister of Home Affairs after her predecessor, Nkosazana Dlamini-Zuma resigned to take up her position as Chairman of the African Union