Born 10 March 1981 Samuel Eto’o is a Cameroonian footballer who plays as a striker for a Russian team Anzhi Makhachkala. Eto’o has scored over 100 goals in five seasons with Barcelona. However the is more to Eto’o than being a soccer player. So below are ten things that you didn’t know about Samuel Eto’o
1. He also holds a Spanish passport so he doesn’t get counted as a foreign player.
2. He is the record holder in number of appearances by an African player in La Liga
3. Eto’o has two brothers: David, who plays for FC Koper in Slovenia, and Étienne , who is currently on loan to Pobla de Mafumet CF from Gimnastic de Tarragona.
4. He married his childhood sweetheart Georgette with whom he has three children together: Étienne, Maelle, and Siena.
5. Due to ongoing racism from La Liga crowds, Eto’o doesn’t allow family members to matches.
6. His father was an accountant. When he lost his job, his mother would sell fish to support him and his 5 siblings.
7. He spent $1.3 million on watches for the Cameroon National Team during the 2010 World Cup.
8. Until 2009, he spent his whole entire senior career in Spain.
9. He is one of three players who played for Real Madrid, Barcelona, and Inter Milan. The other two are Luis Figo and the Brazilian Ronaldo.
10. Eto’o wishes to someday coach the Cameroon National Team.